23 December 2008

What The Queers Are Doing To The Soil

Okay, here's what I think about the whole gay rights thing.

...when did we make them non-people, again? Where exactly, in our super-special-awesome country-governing documents does it say "all men are created equal unless they publicly admit to not being interested in sticking their penis in a vagina, in which case we should beat them and otherwise treat them worse than we'd treat an animal"?

This is not okay to do to anyone. Anyone at all.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081223/ap_on_re_us/lesbian_rape
So I'm a lady, right? I think all rapists should have their sexual organs removed. Seriously. If that was the punishment, do you think rape would happen? No. It would not. You know why I think that? Because I've been there. And every time I see this guy, this rapist, around campus, my hands get clammy, I feel dizzy and ill, and my body surges with such a mix of fear and anger that I shake. The nuance of emotions, the sick dry tang of ungodly anguish, that's something a woman can never explain to someone who hasn't been raped. You can use words and try, but my god, unless they're in your head, they'll never quite get it. To be raped is to be completely, utterly dehumanized. And it's not okay. Not for men, for women, for straights, for gays, blacks, whites, Latinos, ANYONE. For a woman to be raped BECAUSE SHE IS GAY... The men who did this are the most ignorant shits on the face of the planet. In my mind, they are well on their way to becoming Hitler - dehumanizing an entire group of people out of completely irrational prejudice.

Okay, we know about Prop 8, yadda yadda, so I'm gonna skip to the fun part. In California, RIGHT NOW, people are trying to nullify the marriages of already-wedded same-sex couples. [FUCKING ASS WADS.] Seriously? You really think forced divorce is helping preserve the sanctity of marriage? This is a SHIT argument. There is NO LOGIC INVOLVED IN IT. As a bumper sticker I once saw so aptly put it, "Your prejudice is your own. Don't blame God."
Take this: http://www.couragecampaign.org/page/content/dontdivorce

Have you ever seen the Last Temptation of Christ? It is quite definitely one of the finest films I've ever seen. I cite this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=747U-5FclqM
That's all I have to say to you hypoChrists.

And on top of that, THERE IS A SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE. Christian ideals do not necessarily apply to the significant portion of the United States' population which does not, in fact, believe in Christ.

Want to know something fun? I'm a pantheist. Specifically, a naturalistic pantheist. Interestingly, I think Jesus was in general a pretty cool dude. He said some pretty awesome things which I feel go under the radar way too much today. You know, like the Beatitudes? The Sermon on the Mount? "Blessed are those persecuted seeking righteousness"? Theirs is the kingdom of God. Did you know that? "Judge not lest ye be judged." It's good stuff. Read it. Especially if you're gonna try to preach it.

My father is an uncommonly wise man. He once said something to this effect: "It is easy to let your personal morals and religious beliefs influence your political motives. It is easy to sign into law a document stating that a woman cannot decide whether to have an abortion or use contraceptives. It is easy to sign into law a document declaring that two people who love one another cannot marry based on the body parts they were born with. It is correct to persuade. It is correct to use logic, to use facts. Cut the ethos, cut the pathos, skip to logos. Convince a woman not to have an abortion; convince a man that to marry his love is wrong. It is easy to generalize; it is correct to deal individually with those who do not agree with you. As humans our lives are full of choices between what is correct and what is easy; and no matter how we lean politicaly, we must always aspire to choose what is right."*

This is my fear: that homosexuality itself will become a crime. I fear it will be like witchcraft. Because it is not like skin colour, it is not like ethnic background, it is not apparent when looking at a person. Will men and women be accused of homosexuality, brought to trial, be poorly defended and prosecuted with bogus evidence, then imprisoned or put to death? I see it coming, and I quake with fear. It makes me sick at heart to see America at this point.

*actually, he said something a lot simpler than that. I made it prettier.

No comments: